6.19.2008

Update



Dear friends,

Monday, I didn't go to the foundation because Luis was sick and couldn't bring me. I had been on Ampicilina, which I think is Penecillin or something similar, so I thought I was better. Yesterday I came home with a headache and today I have swollen glands again and my throat hurts really bad. I am taking the medicine again, we went this morning and bought more. Hopefully this will go away for good.

This weekend I am hoping to go and spend the day with Luis' mom, if I am feeling better. She keeps asking why I don't come and visit her, it is just hard to find the time. She is sweet and I love her to pieces, but sometimes I just don't know what to talk to her about. Pray for God to open doors, she is a devout catholic, and she prays to a crucifix.

As for things at the foundation, the boys are doing well. Still troublesome but they are all wonderful. Trying to teach english is hard because I am supposed to teach at 3pm, but the person supervising homework says they can't come because they havn't don't their homework, then hermana anita gets annoyed because I am not teaching. I bought a beautiful book of bible stories with pictures to teach the boys, but it is really hard to find a time to do it.

On Tuesday evening we went to Play Land Park, and I discovered that Luis is petrified of amusement park rides. I got him on one ride and he was petrified the whole time and I felt horrible. All of the guys here are terrified and the girls aren't. It was pretty funny to me. Each ride was between .75 and $1.50 and they were all really short. We had fun but Victoria and I only went on four rides. It isn't as much fun with only two people. It wasn't very busy though because it was during the week.

I better get going because Luis has to work and I need to go home and rest. I feel like I have popcorn hulls stuck to my throat. Hopefully it goes away soon!

Thanks for your prayers!

God Bless.

1 comment:

ABohn07 said...

Way to go Gidg getting sick. J/k I love you. But to be serious it sounds like amazthing things are happening and I am happy you are able to have this experience. I had a question though I was wondering about the phone number. I was just wondering whose it was and how much it would cost to call it. I was hoping that if you posted when you guys plan on getting married so I can call you. Well I hope you feel better soon. I can only imagine what a pain it is. Well have a good week and tell Luis I say Hi. Miss you!
-Allie-